Our attorneys are aviation professionals with backgrounds as aerospace engineers, pilots and flight instructors. They offer keen technical insight, such as knowledge of aircraft history and components, which play a significant role in determining the factors that cause these accidents. The Slack Davis Sanger aviation practice is led by Michael L. Slack, a licensed pilot and former NASA senior aerospace engineer. Having investigated, analyzed, litigated, settled and tried hundreds of air crash cases, our attorneys are well-versed in the state, federal and international laws that apply to aviation crashes and accidents. Slack Davis Sanger is capable of handling even the most complicated cases, including international and high-profile matters.
The FAA predicts air traffic will drastically rise, and there will be an increased risk of aviation accidents. As one of the most catastrophic events that can happen to an individual or family, aviation accidents are also an intricate legal matter, which spans various borders. Slack Davis Sanger addresses each case with individual attention, compassion and a relentless dedication to pursuing top-dollar compensation.
Few other firms can offer the level of aviation industry experience and technical know-how that Slack Davis Sanger can—and that expertise is evident in our results. Here are just a few of the outcomes we’ve achieved for clients:
- We obtained a $3.2 million verdict on behalf of the family of a state police officer who was killed in a medical helicopter crash.
- After a tragic private plane crash killed three musicians in Reba McEntire’s band, we secured $950,000 for each of the victims’ parents.
- In a complex international matter stemming from the crash of American Airlines Flight 331, we represented injured passengers from multiple countries and determined the most advantageous jurisdictions in which to file suit.
- We successfully represented the families of 24 passengers involved in the commercial airplane crash of American Airlines Flight 587, which killed all 260 people on board and five people on the ground.
- We obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of the family of musician Stevie Ray Vaughan after he was killed in a chartered helicopter accident.