Selected Car / Truck Accident Case Profiles
Following are summaries of recent or current cases litigated by Slack Davis Sanger car accident and truck accident attorneys. Recoveries were made on behalf of:
- A family of three hit by an 18-wheeler semi tractor-trailer rig that ran a red light. The entire family suffered serious injuries, and one member received facial injuries that required extensive reconstruction, including a titanium orbital structure for her eye.
- A West Texas driver injured when the broken driveshaft of a passing 18-wheeler truck blasted through his windshield. Our client suffered severe injuries to his arm and upper body, including broken bones and internal damage, which required multiple surgeries.
- Five members of a Dallas family, who were driving to Colorado for a baseball tournament and brief vacation. While traveling on a rural, two-lane road, the tread of the left rear tire separated from the tire and wrapped around the axle so tightly, the emergency brake cable engaged, locking the wheel and ultimately causing the vehicle to roll over several times and land on its roof. One child died as a result this crash. Other family members suffered numerous traumatic injuries. Slack Davis Sanger represented the surviving family members in their claim that the crash was caused by a defective tire that was manufactured in Taiwan and sold in Dallas by a U.S. distributor. This case was settled for a confidential amount.
- A Dallas motorcyclist hit and critically injured by an intoxicated man driving his company’s rented truck. In a somewhat dramatic turn, the defendant left the scene of the accident and was chased and caught by witnesses.
- A Central Texas elementary school teacher who suffered splenic laceration and multiple fractures to her arms, shoulder, legs and ankles as a result of a collision with a commercial truck. The truck driver crossed the center stripe of U.S. 290, crushing our client’s passenger vehicle.
- A young Austin driver who, while slowing for traffic on IH 35, was hit from behind by an 18-wheeler truck, the force of which thrust our client’s vehicle under the truck in front of him.
- A young Austin driver who, while slowing for traffic on IH 35, was hit from behind by an 18-wheeler truck, the force of which thrust our client’s vehicle under the truck in front of him. The young man, a football player on the brink of a professional career, lost his right arm below the elbow. The truck driver was traveling at an excessive rate of speed for the traffic conditions and following too closely. Slack Davis Sanger found numerous safety violations at his trucking company.
- A retired U.S. Army officer, killed when an army vehicle failed to yield the right-of-way at an intersection and pulled out in front of our client’s motorcycle.
- A soldier stationed at Fort Hood who was killed in a four-car accident caused by tire failure. The tread separated from the left front tire of the truck traveling in the lane next to our client. The driver of the truck lost control of his vehicle and came into our client’s lane, knocking him across the center median and into oncoming traffic. Two other cars were involved in the accident.
- Our client, a 69-year-old woman, who sustained a broken neck when the vehicle in which she was a passenger was rear-ended by a large commercial truck.
If you have questions about an auto, truck or other vehicular accident in which you and/or family members were seriously injured, please contact our office to speak with our 18-wheeler accident and car accident lawyers.