Partner & Co-Founder
- Catastrophic Personal Injury
- Oilfield & Construction Accidents
- Truck & Car Accidents
- Wrongful Deaths
For almost 30 years, Mike Davis led the firm’s diverse personal injury litigation and trial practice, representing victims of life-altering and catastrophic incidents. He brought nearly 40 years of experience fighting for clients who were the victims of negligence and for families who lost loved ones in tragic accidents.
Mike paired his compassion for his clients with extensive experience from handling numerous personal injury cases throughout his career, including 18-wheeler accidents; serious car wrecks; oilfield, electrical and construction site accidents; structural failures, such as scaffolding and balcony collapse; propane/gas explosions and other industrial accidents; and other wrongful death accidents resulting from another's negligence.
Skilled at analyzing all aspects of a collision — from the events that caused the crash to the crashworthiness of the vehicles involved — Mike obtained some of his most significant recoveries in products liability cases against automobile and tire manufacturers. In fact, one of his cases achieved top-10 status among motor vehicle case verdicts in Texas Lawyer’s 2012 Top Texas Verdicts.
Mike was Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), and served as part of the firm’s strategic team on business torts, commercial litigation, aviation law, and appellate litigation. In addition, he was a trained mediator.
Mike Davis passed away on March 30, 2022. Slack Davis Sanger, which will celebrate its 30th anniversary in 2023, will continue to employ the ideals, values, and goals that he expressed throughout his legal career.
- Cross-Examination — A Question of Control
- Commercial Vehicles: They Are Not Just 18-Wheelers
- Trucking in the Oilfield: Oilfield Exemptions
- “Shifting into First: Early Development of the Commercial Truck Crash Case,” Presented at the August 2014 Car Crash Seminar, sponsored by The University of Texas School of Law
- “Recognizing and Preserving Auto Product Liability Cases,” Presented at the August 2014 Car Crash Seminar, sponsored by The University of Texas School of Law
- “Handling the Commercial Truck Crash Case,” Presented at the August 2009 Car Crash Seminar, sponsored by The University of Texas School of Law
- Presented at The University of Texas at Austin School of Law Symposium, June 2007
- Mining for Gold: Using FMCSA Rules (Among Other Things) to Help Win Your Case
- B.A., The University of Texas at Austin
- J.D. (with honors), St. Mary’s School of Law
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors
- American Association for Justice, State Delegate (former)
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association, Past President
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America
- Oak Hill Youth Sports Association, Board of Directors
- Oak Hill Youth Sports Association’s Pony League Commissioner (since 2000)
Honors & Awards
- Board Certified, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Personal Injury Trial Law
- Super Lawyers, 2003-present
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2005-present
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
On February 14, 2003, a six-year-old child riding in the car with a friend of the family suffered life-altering injuries when the car was in a head-on collision with another vehicle. The child was seated behind the driver and belted in with the standard adult seatbelt. He had outgrown his child safety seat and the…Case Details