Although we may worry about the threat of terrorism and other political issues, the biggest risk we take on a daily basis is when we get into our cars.
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, the death toll due to traffic crashes increased more than 5% in 2016 over the previous year. This equates to one person being killed due to injuries sustained in a collision every two hours and twenty minutes. Over 14,000 serious accidents occurred in 2016 in our state alone, leaving almost 18,000 Texans with a serious injury. The experienced auto and truck accident lawyers at Slack & Davis apply decades of specialized knowledge and experience working with victims of car crashes and their loved ones to seek fair compensation for clients who have suffered life-altering injuries.
Auto and Truck Accident Lawyers With The Resources to Best Represent You
We are spending more time than ever in our cars for both work and pleasure. Driving has gotten more dangerous, as we have seen an increase in the number of fatal crashes in proportion to miles on the road. Safety advocates link these troubling statistics to a combination of distracted driving and lax enforcement of seatbelt, speeding and drunken driving regulations.
The clients of Slack & Davis depend on our highly knowledgeable team of auto and truck accident lawyers to represent them in the following types of auto and truck accident cases:
Over 250,000 Texans were injured in automotive collisions in 2016. Not a single day went by during that year without death on a Texas roadway. A large percentage of crashes which resulted in serious injury involved a large commercial truck or tractor trailer. Occupants of smaller vehicles will always be at a disadvantage when in a collision with an 18-wheeler or semi tractor-trailer, which can often weigh twenty to thirty times as much as an average passenger car. The skilled attorneys at Slack & Davis have successfully represented Texas victims and families in hundreds of large truck accidents that resulted in personal injury and/or wrongful death.
The design of sport utility vehicles (SUVs) puts occupants at a heightened risk of death or paralysis in the event of an accident. Crash statistics show that since 1978, SUVs have a higher percentage of deaths from rollovers when compared to cars. Of the 2015 motor vehicle deaths in Texas, 33% were occupants of SUVs or pickups. The team of attorneys at Slack & Davis are highly qualified litigators in SUV rollover cases with a thorough understanding of how each SUV’s design, driver behavior and road conditions can contribute to the severity of an accident and how to secure the best possible outcome for the clients we represent.
Because of each vehicle’s size and the number of passengers they can carry, collisions involving buses and vans can result in catastrophic injuries to multiple victims. As is the case with other crash statistics, fatal crashes involving buses across the country are on the rise, with an 11% increase from 2014 to 2015 and a 9% increase in the bus involvement rate in accidents resulting in death. Slack & Davis brings compassion and experience to its work with bus and van crash victims and their loved ones to seek fair compensation for their losses.
Case Profiles: Auto and Truck Accident and Injury Cases
Wondering if you are a good fit for Slack & Davis? Here are just a few of the clients our firm has represented and the outcome of those lawsuits:
- A family of three who suffered serious injuries as the result of being hit by an 18-wheeler semi tractor-trailer rig that ran a red light trusted our truck accident attorneys to seek compensation for damages.
- A driver who experienced severe injuries when the broken driveshaft of a passing 18-wheeler smashed his windshield relied on the experienced lawyers at Slack & Davis to pursue justice.
- An elementary school teacher reached out to Slack & Davis after a semi-truck crossed over a highway and crushed her car, which resulted in a lacerated spleen and multiple broken bones.
- The family of a soldier who was killed in a four-car accident caused by an SUV’s tire failure reached out to Slack & Davis to file a lawsuit to recover damages.
Why Choose Slack & Davis?
- Certainty that the highly-qualified auto and truck accident lawyers are working on behalf of your interests.
- Security in knowing that Slack & Davis has successfully represented crash victims and their families for decades.
- Satisfaction in having a dedicated team relentlessly working to advance your case.
- Solace in being treated with care and compassion during what can be a very emotional and confusing time.
What We Offer Our Clients
- Experience, technical knowledge and resources to handle every aspect of catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death cases involving an auto or truck accident.
- Caring and compassionate attorneys, led by Mike Davis and John Jose, to guide you through the process.
- Deep understanding of all the factors which can contribute to life-changing injuries and deaths in car crashes, including vehicle defects, equipment failure, structural limitations, driver behavior and road conditions.
- Years of successfully litigating complicated, serious roadway accidents and applying a complex web of rules and regulations to secure the best possible outcome for our clients.
What Our Clients Are Saying
“Slack & Davis came highly recommended to me by a colleague. From my first meeting with Mike Davis, I knew my sisters and I had made the right choice. Emotionally, dealing with the situation was difficult for us. Slack & Davis managed all of the details and people day-to-day, involving us only when necessary. This law firm delivered – and more.”
Kyle Smith, former client
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can we avoid the number of truck accidents on our roadways?
Texas leads the nation in commercial truck crashes. We can help decrease the number of catastrophic injuries in these accidents with:
- Better driver screening and training
- Improved truck maintenance
- Implementation of safety systems
- Elimination of distractions
- Safety device installation
Slack & Davis is dedicated to improving truck safety and making our streets and roadways safer.
- Who can I sue in a truck accident?
One of the reasons that accidents involving commercial trucks and vehicles is complex is that there can be multiple parties who share liability. You may be able to file a claim against the driver of the truck, the trucking company and/or the truck’s manufacturer. If the reason for the crash was that the truck was poorly maintained, other parties may be found to be at fault. Having an experienced truck attorney working to pursue your claim can increase your chances of recovering current and future financial losses as a result of the incident.
- What are the top contributing factors in fatal crashes in Texas?
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, the top reason for fatal crashes in Texas in 2016 are:
- Driving at an unsafe speed
- Driving under the influence of alcohol
- Distracted driving
- Failure to stay in one lane
- Failure to yield to a vehicle, pedestrian or cyclist
The legal team at Slack & Davis has extensive experience researching auto and truck accidents to determine the factors linked to crashes in order to pursue the best possible outcome for our clients.
- How much will I have to pay to hire a truck accident lawyer?
Slack & Davis provides free consultations to truck accident victims and their families to help determine whether you should pursue a claim. As part of our free consultation, we will provide you with information about how our firm is compensated in personal injury and wrongful death cases. If you decide to have our law firm represent you or your family, you pay nothing unless a settlement has been reached.
Are You The Victim of An Automotive or Truck Accident? What Our Clients Can Expect
If you or a loved one were a victim of an automotive or truck accident, you may wonder what you should do next. Insurance companies will often contact those affected in an automotive or truck collision to offer a settlement.
Never sign a document provided by an insurance company until you have had a chance to engage with a proven personal injury law firm. Having your case evaluated by a skilled automotive or truck accident attorney will enable you to receive more adequate compensation for the full extent or your damages and losses.
After you request a case evaluation from the team at Slack & Davis online or by phone, a case specialist will conduct a free consultation by phone with you to gather more information about your case.
During this call, we will determine:
- The severity and extent of your injuries and losses
- The liable party (or parties) to your damages
- Whether the timeline in filing your claim will be impacted by statutes of limitations
- We will also conduct any additional research needed to advise you about your claim. We will then contact you with our recommended next steps.
If you decide to have Slack & Davis represent you or your family, our team will spend the next few weeks or months gathering more information about the incident. The amount of time involved varies, depending on the complexity of what took place and the parties involved. Once the information gathering phase is over, your Slack & Davis attorney will update the opposing counsel on the status of your claim.
Since each case is unique, we cannot provide you with an exact estimate of how long it will take for your case to reach the settlement phase. After our team has the opportunity to make an initial assessment of your case’s complexity, your lawyer can give you a preliminary estimate.